SITES OF INTEREST TO PARENTS OF KIDS WITH DISABILITIES
- Current Developments in Special Education Law: in this blog, I highlight new cases and legislative developments with a focus on New York State and federal issues.
- IDEA 2004: this site is the U.S. Department of Education, Office of Special Education Programs’ (OSEP’s) IDEA website. OSEP has issued a series of documents pertinent to the interpretation of IDEA 2004.
- State Review Office: this is the New York State Review Office home page. Here you will find information on how to appeal an adverse impartial hearing decision, the regulations governing appeals and state review office decisions.
- Wrightslaw: this site is an excellent resource for issues encountered by parents of children with disabilities.
- NYSED policy memos: New York State Education Department resource for policy memos and notifications pertinent to IDEA 2004.
- Regional Associates: oversee preschool and school-age special education services, and serve as a resource to parents, school district personnel and private providers. Regional associates investigate complaints alleging a public or private special education program’s noncompliance with federal or State law or regulation pertaining to the education of students with disabilities.
- Dr. Drew Messer and EGT (Electronic Gaming Therapy): clinical psychologist
- Dr. Brian Moyer: Clinical Psychologist
- Elizabeth Messer, C.S.W.: Clinical Social Worker
- Dr. Arthur Becker-Weidman: Director of The Center For Family Development, an Attachment Center in Western New York that specializes in the treatment of adoptive families and their children.
- Susan Hice, Phd., St. Thomas Reading Clinic, Jamestown, NY 14701, 716-483-5275,
- OCFS: New York State Office of Child and Family Services legal page
- Sophie's Club: volunteer organization addressing the desperate need in the WNY community for Respite for children with disabilities and their families.
- Seedling Developmental: compassionate consultation to the families of children from birth to age 5 who have developmental delays or disabilities
- Algonquin Studios: software development and website design
- ISER(Internet Special Education Resources): ISER provides a directory of services, schools, providers, products, and helpful information for children and families with special needs.
- SeeMyIEP.com: resource for issues relating to IEP development
DISCLAIMER: None of the content on this website is intended as or constitutes legal advice nor does it indicate an intention or commitment to represent any particular child, parent or family. Decisions to represent are made on a case by case basis.